• Dr. Brown Takes Your Calls and Answers Your Questions

June 14, 2013 | 9 Comments

Are there prophets in the Church today? If you believe the Lord has given you a dream revealing sexual immorality in your local church leadership, what should you do? Is it possible that General Stonewall Jackson was a true Christian and was used by God to win soldiers to the Lord, even though he fought on the wrong side of the Civil War? Listen live here 2-4 pm EST, and call into the show at  (866) 348 7884  with your questions and comments.

Dr. Brown’s Bottom Line: Friends, whatever you do, live in such a way that you have absolute confidence in the presence of God.  Keep your conscience clear.

Dr. Brown’s Bottom Line: As Father’s Day approaches this weekend, every father consider the sacred trust that God has given to you and model for your children the Heavenly Father right here among them.

This Week Dr. Brown is Offering an “Internet Only” Special Where You Can Receive 3 Powerful MP3 Teaching Series at a 50% Discounted Price. Get the Foundations of Prayer, Foundations of Intercession, and Spiritual Warfare MP3 Teaching Series for Your Gift of Just $30! Postage Paid!

To Order Online Click HERE!

Who in the World Is Yahshua?

The Meaning of Marriage: Dr. Brown Interviews Dr. Frank Turek

Are Cherokee Indians Related to the Ancient Israelites? (And a Question about the Ministry of Art Katz)

Comments

9 Responses to “Dr. Brown Takes Your Calls and Answers Your Questions”

1. Dan1el
      June 14th, 2013 @ 10:22 pm

I heard a new narrative on the Civil War – that the south was not fighting for slavery, per se (as we’ve been told – revisionist history in order to stir up strife between blacks and whites to divide and conquer), they were fighting because they had all the money and Abraham Lincoln said “now we’re going to take your money because we have none.” It was “taxation without representation”, so they said “we’re starting our own country.”
      That being said, let me make clear that I do NOT believe in slavery.

2. Dan1el
      June 14th, 2013 @ 10:30 pm

(so I don’t want anyone accusing me of believing in slavery, please)

June 15th, 2013 @ 9:59 am

I never got to the question about prophets in the Church today. I’ll try to answer that ASAP!

4. Greg Allen
      June 17th, 2013 @ 8:48 am

The question of Stonewall Jackson is an tricky one.

Was he used of God to bless the lives of our black brothers and sisters? It’s hard to imagine how.

Did he bless the lives of Southern white Christians? I guess, many would say yes.

It’s hard to reconcile the two, while still believing in an immutable God.

5. Greg Allen
      June 17th, 2013 @ 9:14 am

Daniel,

It would never occur to me that you are pro-slavery.

But, would you have opposed slavery back then?

Or would you have been one of the many Christians, back then, who believed slavery was God’s will because it’s in the bible?

6. Ty
      June 17th, 2013 @ 4:27 pm

Hey Daniel

” that the south was not fighting for slavery, per se (as we’ve been told – revisionist history in order to stir up strife between blacks and whites to divide and conquer), they were fighting because they had all the money and Abraham Lincoln said “now we’re going to take your money because we have none.”

This is an interesting stance. Partial because the south had all the money because ‘they had free labor’ i.e. Slavery. You can not seperate the two. The south was fighting for their liveliy hood, which was built by free labor/slavery.

Christianity to the slaves. Yes one could say, this was noble… but was it done the Christian way.. with love? No it wasn’t…it was accept this faith of get beat until you accept it. To say that is noble, is similiar to saying the Crusades saying get Baptized or die to Jewish ppl was noble… and all know that wasn’t the case.

7. Ty
      June 17th, 2013 @ 4:49 pm

Disclaimer: I am not saying Dan1el supports slavery. He clearly states it isnt his view. I am just commenting on the stance that he brought up.

8. Dan1el
      June 18th, 2013 @ 3:11 am

Ty,
      Re: Stonewall Jackson
      I haven’t studied it in full, myself, so I can’t speak on it – and, at the moment, I’m not really leaning towards studying it because it is more important for me to draw closer to God than to discuss/debate this topic.
      If you are personally interested in it, may I suggest finding writings from people who challenge the more mainstream narrative on what the bases for the Civil War were?

9. Doug
      June 18th, 2013 @ 7:14 am

The same people who twist the Bible today to make it pro-abortion and pro-“gay marriage” would be the ones twisting the Bible to support southern slavery at the time of the civil war.