• Jews Persecuting Jews?

April 18, 2013 | 7 Comments

Dr. Brown talks about Orthodox Jewish opposition to Messianic Jews in Israel and other parts of the world and shares his perspective on what he can expect in the coming years. Listen live here 2-4 pm EST, and call into the show at  (866) 348 7884  with your questions and comments.

Today’s Broadcast Will Only Be 1 Hour

Hours 1 and 2:

Dr. Brown’s Bottom Line: Are you courageous, are you a bold witness, and are you willing to stand and proclaim your faith in Yeshua at any cost or consequence?

For a Limited Time When You Order by Phone, Get Dr. Brown’s 5 DVD Set “Can You Be Gay and Christian”, For Your Donation of ANY Size (Online Orders Receive 50% Retail Value).  Postage Paid!

Call   1-800-278-9978   or Order Online!

Other Resources:

Constructive Correction, Destructive Criticism, and Persecution

Lessons from a German Concentration Camp in Poland Called Treblinka

Are Jews for Jesus “Soul Nazis”? (And an amazing testimony from Israel)

Comments

7 Responses to “Jews Persecuting Jews?”

1. Greg Allen
      April 18th, 2013 @ 3:08 pm

I haven’t read Dr. Brown’s book about Christian persecution of the Jews but as he described it, I think I would appreciate it.

Unless we learn lessons from our history, we are doomed to repeat it.

We Christians have a history of justifying persecution and oppression with the Bible.

We persecuted the Jews, of course, but also the Muslims during the Crusades, “heretics” during the Inquisition, blacks during slavery/segregation and women during the rise of feminism.

In every case, Christians believed the Bible was telling them these groups of people were morally inferior, a threat to society, and deserved their second class status.

(You probably guessed where I am going with this.)

Today, many Christians believe the Bible says that gays don’t deserve the same rights as the rest of us because of their moral failure.

Would you at least consider the possibility that we Christians are repeating history?

2. Dr. Michael L Brown
      April 18th, 2013 @ 4:58 pm

Greg,

Thanks for your comments.

First, where there was actually violent persecution of Jews by the Church, it was a totally apostate Church with virtually no connection to Scripture. True Christians have often been Israel’s best friends.

Second, how can you compare an apostate Church telling Jews to choose between baptism and death with Christians telling gay activists that we’re not willing to redefine marriage based on someone sexual and romantic desires. Have you really thought the comparison through? I mean no insult, but your question actually surprises me.

Grace to you!

3. Andy Clark
      April 18th, 2013 @ 6:24 pm

Dr.brown sent me a free copy of “our hands are stained with blood” after I called in once.I let my Mom read it and she loved it. she’s never heard of you (until I told her about you)now she’s changed her out look on some things! God bless you Dr.Brown!

4. David Roberts
      April 18th, 2013 @ 6:37 pm

@Greg Allen,

How about you “at least consider the possibility that” the Bible means what it says about homosexuality?

5. Dr. Michael L Brown
      April 18th, 2013 @ 10:31 pm

Thanks, Andy!

6. Theodore Jessa
      April 19th, 2013 @ 8:07 am

The videos in Arad showing the harassing of
      the Messianic Congregation was quite distributing,
      to say the least. First the Messiancs were not
      bothering anyone. Second they had a Chess Club
      for senior citizens who loved the game. If
      the G-er Hasidism desired to do outreach for
      unaffiliated Jews,why don’t they offer the
      same venu as this Messianic Congregation had done.
      More unsettleing is how one group persecutes
      another group for a different interpretation of
      the Bible. One memeber of another Messianic Congregation called Hasadei Yeshua,told me
      how the Ger Hasidim in Arad tried setting on
      fire a small conservative shul in that city.
      There was even a fist fight between members of
      Chabad and Ger in Arad in the shul of the Ger
      Hasidism on a Shabbat. I’m sure they were not
      debating Talmud.
      Of course the majority of Orthodox Jews do
      not condon any viloent action aganist anyone
      with different beliefs. They certainly disagree
      with the Messianics,but are no violent.
      After watching those videos and one of the
      Ger chaps said that Jesus was for the Jews
      not wanted,rejected,etc this caught my attention
      to delve further into the New Testament. I’m
      always for the under dog(not the cool cartoon
      of the 1960′s) As a Jewish chap, I certainly
      view Jesus as Rebbe Yeshua. I haven’t reached
      the point of Messiah yet,but wonders are
      being revealed to me.

7. Bo
      April 19th, 2013 @ 11:56 am

Theodore Jessa,

I am wondering if you have considered the time frame that the book of Daniel tells us that Messiah would come ended, and therefore must have been fulfilled, before the first half of the first century of the Common Era. Is there any teacher of righteousness, other than the one described in the gospels, that can be a candidate for the promised Messiah that came at the correct time? This question must be answered one way or the other and cannot be brushed off or marginalized.