• Updates and Insights on Israel from the News and from the Word

July 19, 2012 | 6 Comments

Dr. Brown catches up on major Israel-related news, looks at a number of key texts concerning Israel in the Scriptures, and takes your Jewish related calls.

Dr. Brown’s Bottom Line: There’s a reason the Bible tells us to pray for the peace of Jerusalem: the world, Satan, and the forces of Hell are against it, but God will prevail. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem!

Dr. Brown’s Bottom Line: Let us pray for and love the Jewish people, but let us remember that they are still the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Pray that their Shepherd would find them!

Revolution MP3 Series (8 Messages on one CD)

PLUS

Revolution in the Church (Book)
    For Only $25,  Postage Paid! A savings of $15!!
    Call 1-800-278-9978 or order online!

Israel and the Jewish People: Myth and Fact (an Interview with Ron Cantor)

Focus on Israel and the Religious Jewish Community

Dr. Brown Refutes More Outrageous Israel Lies (and interviews Mitch Glaser)

Jewish Roots Online Class with Dr. Brown: This class will open your eyes to God’s eternal purposes for Israel; give you a deeper burden for the salvation of the Jewish people; open up the Jewish background to the New Testament; show the prophetic importance of the biblical calendar; and address major, Jewish-related doctrinal errors today.

Comments

6 Responses to “Updates and Insights on Israel from the News and from the Word”

1. Boris
      July 19th, 2012 @ 11:36 am

We enthusiastically chose to become a colonial society, ignoring international treaties, expropriating lands, transferring settlers from Israel to the occupied territories, engaging in theft and finding justification for all these activities. Passionately desiring to keep the occupied territories, we developed two judicial systems: one progressive, liberal – in Israel; and the other, cruel, injurious – in the occupied territories. In effect, we established an apartheid regime in the occupied territories immediately following their capture. – Michael Ben-Yair

The United States supported South Africa because it was a Christian nation. We’re on the wrong side of this issue as well. Israel has to go.

2. R. Kneubuhl
      July 19th, 2012 @ 11:28 pm

(Jerusalem by Matisyahu) I don’t really understand all the words in this song, but I really like the beat. I like the part when he says “Jerusalem, if I forget you, I will not have God’s fire” or something like that. Just a thought since we’re talking about songs for Thoroughly Jewish Thursdays. I’m not suggesting anything.

3. ron david metcalf
      July 20th, 2012 @ 9:34 am

Boris,
      what regime would you suggest for your Palestinian state, after you have exterminated all the Jews?
      Libya; Egypt; Syria; Iraq; Iran; Afghanistan; Pakistan?
      In Him, Ron M.

4. Theodore Jessa
      July 20th, 2012 @ 9:46 am

Dear Dr.Brown,

My question pertains to Isaiah 53. This
      past Sabbath I attended a Messianic Congregation
      in Baltimore,Md. It was a great experience and
      the people friendly. I felt an acceptance evethough I am not a believer. My quest is for
      truth.
      First, what do you know of Rabbi Daniel Zion
      of Bulgria ? Outside of Messianic websites,
      no mention is made of his involvement in saving
      the Jews of Bulgria during WW II.
      Second in reading Isaiah 53 verse 9
      one sees the word used in describing the suffering
      servant as ” his grave being with wicked, and
      the rich with his death.” Not an exact quote.
      I’ve been learning Hebrew grammar and the
      word in Hebrew for his death is in the plural,
      while the ending is possessive singular. I
      have seen some translations of this verse as
      ” his deaths”. In light of the New Covenant
      we know Jesus died once,rose from the dead,and
      will soon come again. How can this translation being understood within the interprepatation
      of scriptue ? I can read and translate the
      Tanach with some degree of comptency,but am
      always looking to improve my understanding
      of the Hebrew. Could you recommend any good
      Hebrew Grammar books ?
      Shabbat Sholam !

5. David Roberts
      July 21st, 2012 @ 1:56 am

@Theodore Jessa,

I know you asked Dr. Brown, but I’d like to answer the question anyway, but I’d be interested to see Dr. Brown’s advice too, but out of Davidson’s, Gesenius’, J. Weingreen’s, and Cambridge University’s (Brian L. Webster), and Kelley’s, I’d recommend Weingreen’s to a beginner, especially if you don’t know languages other than English, then I’d recommend Cambridge’s grammar, but it will really stretch your mind, but in a good way. I have friends that like Kelley’s. I find Davidson’s interesting, but I wouldn’t recommend it to a beginner.

6. David Roberts
      July 21st, 2012 @ 2:04 am

About the Yeshiva caller…

Beith and Veith are one letter, as are:
      Gimel and Ghimel, Daleth and Dhaleth, Kaph and Khaph, Pei and Fei, Tau and Thau.

The lack of, or presence of, a dagheish, does not turn them in another letter.