• You’ve Got Questions, We’ve Got Answers!

June 29, 2012 | 11 Comments

Why didn’t God reveal the Trinity to Israel from the start? Is it biblical or is it heretical to teach that physical healing is in the atonement (and what are to we make of Matthew’s quotation from Isaiah 53 in Matthew 8)? What should we make of ancient pagan parallels to Christianity?

Dr. Brown’s Bottom Line: When you tamper with the foundations that God has established for the human race, for society, and for the world, everything becomes unsettled. Equal rights for some means everybody else loses theirs.

Dr. Brown’s Bottom Line: As you pursue the Lord, as you take His word in your heart, as you commune with Him, walk with Him, and do what you know how to do; you can be assured with the burdens that grow in you and with the desires that grow in you. If you delight yourself in Him, they are from above, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

The Real Kosher Jesus (Hardcover)

PLUS

Stand With Israel (MP3 Series)
    For Only $25,  Postage Paid!

Call 1-800-278-9978 or order online!

Foundations of Prayer [mp3 series]Essential listening for all those who desire to make prayer a priority in their lives. These messages will challenge and motivate you.

Revival [mp3 series]Includes:  1. What is Revival?  2. Highlights of Past Revivals  3. Presupposes Declension  4. When it Can Be Expected  5. Preaching and Repentance  6. Religious Stumbling Blocks  7. Set Things Right  8. The Fire of God and Revival  9. Revival and Judgment  10. How Can I Bring About Revival?  11. Revival Shakes Things Up  12. Don’t Quench The Spirit  13. The Place of Intercession  14. Prevailing Prayer  15. 5 Tests for Genuine Revival  16. The Heartbeat of Revival  17.  Experiencing Jesus

Looking For Helpful Articles to Deepen Your Walk With God? Bryan Purtle’s articles will encourage, motivate, and bless you!  Bryan lives in the inner-city of Kansas City with his wife Audrey and their five children. Together, they carry a jealousy for prayer, world missions, the mystery and salvation of Israel, historical revival, true fellowship in the Church, and the recovery of apostolic proclamation and living through the revelation of Jesus Christ. “…. that in all things He might have the pre-eminence.” In 2002 they founded a community of believers that came to be known as the Tent of David Fellowship. They served as senior leaders of the fellowship for 7 years. In 2011 they founded the Antioch Prayer Society.

The Purpose for Creating All Things – Art Katz: ‘Recognize the Influence’: VOR article by Marcus French:

Paul is about to tell us what the intent is, and the purpose, for which reason, God has created all things. So how dare you just sit there, as if you’re hearing a mere sermon? How is it you’re not leaning forward in your seat, with your hand cupped at your ear, that you should [...]

Comments

11 Responses to “You’ve Got Questions, We’ve Got Answers!”

1. R. Kneubuhl
      June 30th, 2012 @ 6:58 am

Great show! I want that passion that comes from above. The kind that burns deep within your heart. I believe the Apostle John had it too.

2. S. Johnson
      June 30th, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

Two questions:

1. When the Jew who during the persecution of the church died rather than deny his faith and God, and then stands before God–what happens? Does God say, well it was commendable that you died rather than deny me, but you did not believe in Jesus, so you won’t be getting into heaven?

2. There are multiple APPARENT contradictions in the Bible. Since God is omniscient He must have known that these would be problematic. Since the Bible is also God breathed, why did He not in His foreknowledge inspire the writers to make those things clear and avoid the whole charge of contradiction? Would it not have brought greater glory to Himself and His Word to have avoided even apparent contradictions?

3. Ray
      June 30th, 2012 @ 7:39 pm

Every time I begin thinking about the Trinity I start to get confused and feel as if I’m about to get a headache. Maybe that’s why God didn’t do that with Israel. Maybe that’s why we don’t see that word in the scripture.

4. Dan1el
      July 1st, 2012 @ 12:17 am

S. Johnson,
      I’m no Dr. Brown, but I’ve found many of the superficially contradictory statements in Scripture, and I believe they are left there to test peoples’ hearts – to see what their reactions will be; to “give them an excuse”, if their heart is evil, to not believe.
      The Pharisees who did not believe (some did) were always looking for a word for Jesus to speak so they could try to disprove Him, and they found an opportunity in John,

“you see! you are testifying of yourself! your testimony isn’t true!”

…but, you have to ask yourself what kind of heart that is that would do that? Why the evil heart of unbelief? The love of their sin – that is, stealing the praise (of man) that belongs only to God: speaking seemingly wisely, in order to be praised as wise (but the very Law they speak condemns them – therefore, they are hypocrites, not even discerning their own filthiness: there is a generation that thinks they are pure, but their uncleanness is still in them – how haughty are their eyes”).

He also spoke a contradiction to the Samaritan woman – but she wasn’t out to find a contradiction in Jesus’s Words (with the wrong heart); she knew she was sinful, and didn’t “bite the bait”: Jesus was asking for water, being thirsty – but was promising to give her water that would leave her thirst quenched forever! Okay, if she had the wrong heart, she could’ve jumped at the opportunity to say,
      “Are you insane? You just finished telling me YOU were thirsty – physician, heal thyself! Why are You thirsty? Why don’t YOU drink that water You’re offering me, and quench Your own thirst!? Listen, You’re a liar or a lunatic – I don’t want You to talk to me, ok? Get away from me!”

Why didn’t she do that? Think about the HEART that is doing that… then, think about her heart.

5. Ray
      July 1st, 2012 @ 8:39 am

When I think of the account in John of the woman of Samaria, I wish I were a gifted painter because I would like to paint a picture of Jesus sitting “thus” on the well (John 4:6) and simply call it “Jacob’s Well”. It would be a lot about Jesus and just a little bit of the well showing.

I believe physical healing is a part of the atonement and we need to be in covenant with the new Testament in his blood.

I believe God began a work of atonement with the Old Testament which was about him who was to come.
      (See John 4:34)

Jesus was in Samaria two days ministering. (John 4:43)

Now I think that when Jacob dug his well, he was planting a seed. I wonder if that well is still giving water today. I know that Jesus is.

6. Ken
      July 1st, 2012 @ 10:46 am

My hope is that more people would and could experience the depth, width ,height, length of the Son of G-D’s Love and grace forgiveness and hope that only he can give before its to late and the door shuts.how sad to live a life without him.But the truth be told most will only know his judgement and destruction..because of there hardness of there hearts.

7. ron david metcalf
      July 1st, 2012 @ 9:11 pm

Ah, Jacob’s Well in Nablus, 2000; thanks for the memory.
      Ezekiel said that even if Noah, Job, and Daniel were here, they could only save themselves by their own righteousness; which is a key to the answer, Jew or Gentile, who must stand before the Eternal Judge not covered by the blood of Jesus.
      When David and Paul say, “there is none righteous” they had a vision of the LORD like Isaiah; seeing our filth in comparison; but GOD’s Ways are not ours, which is why Jesus told us not to judge. Our job is to Love and point to Jesus as the Awesome Gift He Is.
      In Him, Ron M.

8. S. Johnson
      July 2nd, 2012 @ 1:04 pm

Dan1el,

Thanks for your response. The problem is that contradictions help adjudicate between world views. If a worldview is not internally and externally consistent, it should be considered to be false. When we are commanded to “test everything” (1 Thes. 5:21), are we not to apply are minds to the data at hand? A rational God gives us rational minds by which we can separate false views from true views. Now while some do have hearts that will resist the Lord, they resist in spite of rational arguments. Honest people must face apparent contradictions head on and explain them. My point was not that the Bible is full of irreconcilable differences, but that it seems curious that God in His omniscience and forknowledge did not inspire the writers of the Bible in such a way (that is with enough detail about any given topic) as to avoid the charge in the first place.

9. Courtney Thompson
      July 2nd, 2012 @ 4:03 pm

Thank you very much Dr Brown for answering my question *25 minutes and 26 seconds in this weeks show*.
      The only issue I had was you addressed me as “she” but I’m a male.

10. Ray
      July 2nd, 2012 @ 7:15 pm

It seems that men want a perfect rule, law, or paradigm. I wonder if it’s so they can put others under something or inside of it.

This life is a test. I don’t know why God did a lot of things as he did. I suppose it’s a part of our test.

God is bigger than any rule, law, or paradigm. In all those things there are times he will refuse to fit. He will find a way out. He’s too big, too awesome, too multifaceted, too wonderful, so we call him the Creator, our Maker.

I believe God loves freedom. Maybe that’s one reason why he doesn’t always fit our parameters
      and why there were two trees in the garden of Eden.

I believe God loves to rescue when the time is right. He loves to save that which should be saved.

Men will call upon him. Men will worship him. Men will describe him. Men will name him even as they see dimly his figure, his attributes, and his glory.

11. Dan1el
      July 3rd, 2012 @ 2:56 am

S. Johnson,
      Yes, it is a possibility that God inspired them to write, as it were, “a mystery” – hence, the mysteries are not solved by reading the mere writing, but by obeying the Word of God. Those who obey the Word of God have more of it revealed to them; those who disobey the Word have “even what they think they have taken away”: those who turn away immediately (are caused to stumble) will never come to know the Truth behind the mystery that made them stumble; the one who does the will of God will come to know “in due season”.